Wednesday 27 January 2010

I passed!

Well, I think I've neglected this blog long enough, time for an update! I took the theory test for the bus licence, and I got like 94% I think, anyway I passed. I expected to, alot of it is really common sense stuff. On the day of the test, it kinda sucked, I did another practice on the day of the test and got the same kind of scores, so when it came to doing the test I was fine. It ended up being something like over 2 hours I had to wait to do the test though, there was some kind of problem with the computer needing to do an update. So I got to sit around a crummy waiting room for 2 hours coughing and hacking with this bloody chest infection, which I might add is yet to clear up!

So, I applied for a bunch of call centre jobs recently after a bout of desperation, so now I have an interview with an agency I worked for before and another 2 on friday. They all want to do credit checks which makes me a little nervous as I've missed 2 payments (due to misinformation on the bank's part) on my mortgage, although it's been resolved with the bank.

Ah fuck it, I don't know really how I feel about all this. On one hand I want to get back into work, being off work is driving me crazy, I've turned into a total bum, my health is suffering, my diet is just bloody awful, although I've barely been eating while I've been sick. But living at home is seriously detrimental to my health. On the other hand, I don't want to be in this line of work. I've done it for years and hated it, that's why I tried to break out into driving work. Which makes the bus driving that more appealing, BUT the problem with the bus driving is the company. I don't think I've explained it all, but they tie you in for 2 years if your a trainee. They make you pay back £2k over the 2 years to pay for the training, and if you want out before the 2 years, you have to buy out. Now, £2k for driver training is quite frankly taking the piss. My class 2 (category C) was around £700 for 2 weeks, class 1 (category C+E) training is around £900 for 2 weeks. The bus training is 3 weeks, and will be for an automatic, I struggle to see how something easier than class 2 training will be more than double the price, I call bullshit.

This company is known for their ruthlessness, they're great at undercutting the competition and driving them out. I've also been told the working conditions are pretty crap, 3 hour lunch breaks, split shifts, set holidays, set time off, you can't ask for time off. I dunno, it doesn't impress me or endear me to this company.

So I think I will likely get an offer from one of the agencies, but my parent's are as always pushing me to go for the buses anyway. They want me to take the agency work for a month or two till the buses start training in the middle of March. I'm having reservations about this, it would not be fair to a company to start working with them and then quit in the middle of their training. I dunno... I'm fed up of being stuck in this situation, thats for sure.

I had a viewer for my flat, they seemed pretty interested. A couple looking for something for their daughter who's in england just now. The estate agent's been in touch quite a bit, the guy had questions and I think they'll want a follow up visit for their daughter to see it. I really hope they buy it, I'm selling at £8k under value, and when its valued at £45k, thats a pretty big chunk off. I just need to get rid of it asap.

So, I've also met someone. I'm not going to say too much about the whole thing as I know they'll be reading this lol, but I'm pretty happy and I'm getting alot of motivation from the whole situation. It's nice to have someone on my side for a change, and hear nice things instead of insults and threats.

So, aye, I'm a bum and I stink so I'm gonna go take a shower now. Wish me luck with the interviews?

No comments:

Post a Comment